Saturday, May 9, 2009

It has not been that long

I flew two times since my last post, doing pattern work. The first of the two session was just plain bad. I was hot, uncomfortable and impatient, as the airport was busy and the temperature was pushing 92 degrees Fahrenheit. Yesterday was much better. I controlled my speed, did not have ANY bounces. All landings were soft and short. The short-field take offs were smooth and controlled. There was no wind and the air was comfortable. I practically had runway 16R to myself.

My next flight should be to Shenandoah. After that, I need to tackle night flights and finish up the instrument training. Stay tuned.

My latest aggravations in the air industry:
* Piper Aircraft sold to Imprimus, stationed in Bangkok, Singapore. Just piss away another American company. At least there is promise in the American made Lopresti Fury as the king of Sportsters for planes.
* User Fees, User Fees, User Fees. Obama supports User Fees. If the cost flying is not enough. Sure, they are post-poned for possible introduction in 2011. But, a footnote...geezzzz, thats low. Uggh, politicians and their little foot notes! It is a method of creating a paper trail indicating that either the political pressures to make a firm decision now are not strong enough in any direction or politicians want a back door to their typical mistakes.

No comments: