Saturday, February 28, 2009

Get Your Glass Archer awarded

Ahhh mannnn!

That was my plane. Well, a 25 year old woman from my cousins' hometown of Hopewell Junction, NY is not a bad winner. I would say she is more deserving winner than I. And that plane...that wonderful Piper is ment to be flown. It is a fantastic plane. I have a fascination with low wing planes and will get trained on a complex one (variable pitch propellers and raisable gear) as soon as get my private ticket.

Next year, AOPA gives away a Cirrus SR22. I have looked at one up close and can tell you that it looks amazing. However, regardless of all the 'safety' features it offers, a new private pilot has no business flying such a plane. It is a complex aircraft suited for a pilot with many many hours of flying. You can argue with me all you want, but I will not be convinced otherwise. I just hope that the winner is either a person with many years of experience or has enough sense to sell it.

Stayed tuned for a new post really soon. I have much to say and pictures to show. I am just patiently (not really) waiting for the pictures taken from another person's camera to make there way into my email box.

No comments: